You’ll FALL in love with this pairing!
Warm and pleasant days and cool nights in The Texas Hill Country indicate that Fall has arrived and we have found that outdoor dining on The Ranch is particularly wonderful! No bugs,cool breezes and big Live Oak trees is the perfect place to sit down for a light evening meal while enjoying the magnificent sunset.
Moscato wines are beautiful and aromatic slightly sweet wines with essences of honeysuckle,tropical fruits and ripe apricots. Mezzacorona Moscato 2010 from the Dolomite region of Italy fills your mouth with luscious, balanced tropical,delicate acidity and honeysuckle essence that is “just right” for pairing with an amazing salad filled with fall-accented flavors.
Fresh,luscious mission figs,creamy Gorgonzola,crunchy toasted Hazelnuts tossed with a dressing composed of white balsamic vinegar,hazelnut oil and a touch of honey was another amazing pairing. The Mezzacorona Moscato’s delicate sweetness, fruit and acidity were a perfect match for this rustic Italian Salad.
- 3 T Hazelnut oil
- 1 T white or pear balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- freshly ground pepper and salt
- 1 head of butter lettuce lightly torn
- 6 fresh Mission Figs cut in half
- 4 dried Mission Figs cut into fourths
- 3 oz Gorgonzola crumbled
- ¼ red onion very thinly sliced
- 3 T Toasted,halved Hazelnuts
- To make dressing,whisk the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl and scatter the gorgonzola,onions,figs and toss with the dressing.
- Sprinkle the hazelnuts on top and serve!