cul·ti·vate (klt-vt) To promote the growth of; To nurture or foster; To seek the acquaintance, or goodwill of; make friends with…
Wines that give…..
Give me a warm and sunny day. Cool grass,a picnic basket filled with bread,cheese and Cultivate Wines and an ordinary summer day suddenly becomes something to remember. Cold,gloomy winter days have finally made way for long sunny days and pleasant summer nights,perfect for taking a moment to share a glass of wine with my sweetie or catching up with friends.
Cultivate Wines gives us a fresh,crisp and fruit-forward un-oaked Chardonnay.
DREAM WALKING CHARDONNAY 2009 For those of you who are tired of heavily oaked and buttery Chardonnays, your dream has come true! Cultivate Wines gives us a virtually un-oaked Chardonnay -Dream Walking– with the freshness and crisp acidity of meyer lemon and hints of pineapple,banana and green apple. Cooler growing conditions in the Mendocino and Santa Rita Hills subregions of California and fermentation without the use of heavy oak allows the freshness and fruitiness of this Chardonnay blend to stand front and center. Raise your wine glass to your nose,close your eyes and and inhale the subtle aromas of lemon peel,floral jasmine and fragrant almonds.
Perfect Pairings: A picnic basket filled with fried chicken served with fresh mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes drizzled with a fruity California olive oil; Nurture friendships and your soul with this pairing!
THE GAMBLER Malbec 2010 Argentina The bunch at Cultivate Wines gives us yet another winner! Malbec-the dominant grape of Argentina-blended with a touch of the fruity grape Bonarda, is a winning combination. THE GAMBLER is a delightful masculine-style wine with a muscular body of sturdy tannins and acidity with aromas of leather and earth. Yet this bold Argentinian wine is not afraid to show its feminine side. You will be delighted with the balance of juicy strawberries,blackberries and a hint of spice and vanilla.
PERFECT PAIRINGS: Fire up the grill for this one! How about charcoal-grilled steaks with a Strawberry Balsamic Glaze and a side of grilled Portobello mushrooms.
Cultivate Wines Lives Up to Their Name. With over 20 wines produced over the past 10 years of 95 points or higher,you know that you will be enjoying and sharing thoughtfully made quality wines. But these wines aren’t just for show. Cultivate Wines contributes a minimum 10% of sales to non-profits supporting education and providing basic human needs.Join them in their mission to GIVE BACK! With every bottle you purchase,YOU TOO are participating in “THE GIVE” by nurturing and fostering the improvement of lives.
Celebrate the Ordinary with something EXTRAORDINARY!
Here is the recipe that pairs perfectly with THE GAMBLER!
- SALSA ingredients
- 1 cup seeded,finely diced ripe tomato or sliced baby heirloom tomatoes
- ½ cup or to taste with a variety of diced jalapeños and multicolored sweet mini-peppers
- a small handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4-T-bone steaks about 1 pound and 1 inch thick
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 4 to 6 Portobello mushrooms cleaned
- extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
- soy sauce,to taste
- worcestershire sauce,to taste
- lemon pepper and garlic seasoning,to taste
- Strawberry Balsamic Glaze BLAZE BRAND
- or any other balsamic glaze
- Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl and hold at room temperature up to an hour.
- Rub steaks with olive oil and seasonings and let stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Marinate mushrooms-Place mushrooms in a bag and add soy and worcestershire sauce,olive oil,seasonings.
- Gently rotate bag to coat the mushrooms. The longer they are marinated the better.
- Prepare grill to a medium high heat.
- Grill steaks and Portobello mushrooms to desired doneness.
- Serve warm with salsa,grilled mushrooms and Strawberry Balsamic Glaze
The Gambler Malbec $18.99
Dream Walking Chardonnay $25.99
WHERE TO FIND CULTIVATE WINES? To Purchase Cultivate Wines in the Nashville area (or your area) or enjoy while dining out at your favorite restaurant : CLICK HERE!