Lisa’s Thirsty Thursday Wine Pick: Antucura Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 is an Absolutely Stunning Cabernet from Argentina
Antucura Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 is brimming with voluptuous body, aromas of sensual warm spice and delicate bouquet of violets and lavender.
Find Your Wine at 12th and Pine in the Gulch!
$18 per bottle or 4 bottles mix and match for $15 Oh Yeah! Don’t forget to grab a bottle or two of the Antucura Malbec that was last week’s pick!
Did you know that Argentina produces amazing and unforgettable Cabernets? This is a wine that everyone will absolutely fall in love with…take a sip and you will see!
Every once in a while I am surprised by a wine and this one for sure amazed me! Argentina’s continental climate is responsible for producing this luscious and balanced wine with ripe, concentrated flavors and intense color. By no means is this a “fruit bomb.” Antucura 2013 is gorgeous and refined with silky but sturdy tannins that showcase the leather and tobacco aromatics with rich ripe blackberry and cherry fruits which are highlighted by the vanilla and warm baking spices from the oak barreling. Your mouth will water.
Antucura Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 is the wine for sipping and for pairing too!
Bold, full-bodied and ripe Cabernet Sauvignon like this one from Argentina is just perfect for pairing with grilled and marbled meats such as thick lamb chops and a boldly seasoned ribeye or t-bone. Meats that have a high fat content can stand side by side with this wine to complement and enhance each other and not overpower the flavors of the meal.
Go by 12th & Pine and let Ed, Ernie or Gordon help you will your selections of Antucura wines!
Here is an Argentinian-style steak recipe just perfect for this wine!
- Salsa ingredients
- 1 cup seeded,finely diced ripe tomato or sliced baby heirloom tomatoes
- ½ cup or to taste with a variety of diced jalapeños and multicolored sweet mini-peppers
- a small handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4-T-bone steaks about 1 pound and 1 inch thick
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 4 to 6 Portobello mushrooms cleaned
- extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
- soy sauce,to taste
- worcestershire sauce,to taste
- lemon pepper and garlic seasoning,to taste
- Strawberry Balsamic Glaze BLAZE BRAND
- or any other balsamic glaze
- Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl and hold at room temperature up to an hour.
- Rub steaks with olive oil and seasonings and let stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Marinate mushrooms. Place mushrooms in a bag and add soy and worcestershire sauce,olive oil,seasonings.
- Gently rotate bag to coat the mushrooms. The longer they are marinated the better.
- Prepare grill to a medium high heat.
- Grill steaks and Portobello mushrooms to desired doneness.
- Serve warm with salsa,grilled mushrooms and Strawberry Balsamic Glaze