Enjoy a glass of Merlot from the Italian Dolomites with dinner from the grill.
A French grape with an Italian Accent!
Merlot? Italy? Yes!
Think Italian when pouring the next glass of Merlot.
Like me, you might think of Merlot only as one of the traditional blending grapes of Bordeaux or one of the fruit-forward crowd-pleasing wines of California. Yet,with the first glass, I was transported to glorious foothills of the Italian Dolomite Mountains. Tempestuous breezes from the mountain lakes and glaciers circulate over the vineyards coaxing them to produce fresh and crisp single varietal wines and the centuries old Dolomites provide the mouthwatering minerality that defines the wines from this region.
This lush wine fills your mouth with soft ripe plum and rich,dark berries along with a hint of freshly ground black pepper. Round tannins,a touch of smoke from oak-ageing and earthiness from the calcium and magnesium-rich terroir create a perfect pairing with the steak kebabs that are marinated in a rich,savory blend of mild sweetness and tanginess from aged balsamic vinegar,salty and savory soy sauce and the earthiness of dried herbs.
Enjoy this fuss-free and crowd-pleasing recipe! This has been a great go-to recipe for many years especially during grilling season.
Mezzacorona produces a luscious bounty of terroir-driven wines. Please go to their website to see all of the wines they bring to us.
“Mezzacorona only vinifies Merlot grapes of its own production cultivated in vineyards at the food of the Dolomites.”
- 8 Beef Kebabs purchased Whole Foods
- ½ cup or more Olive Oil
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- fresh squeezed lemon juice from ½ lemon for fresh acidity
- ½ cup Worcestershire Sauce-your favorite brand
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1-2 t dried thyme,oregano,marjoram any any other of your favorite herbs
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- I like to use Greek seasoning as the main seasoning ingredient and maybe a dash or two of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Combine marinade ingredients.
- Place kebabs and marinade in a large plastic bag an refrigerate for an hour or two or overnight.
- Grill and serve.