No Recipe Frittata is PERFECT for Mother’s Day
Frittatas are a beautiful thing. The Italians knew how to do meals easy and delicious with what they had on hand. So, easy, in fact, you don’t really even need a recipe.
Naturally Low Carb
It’s the crustless wonder and naturally low carb, although left over potatoes work just fine in your creation!
Sweep the Kitchen
Growing up in North Louisiana we ate Sweep The Kitchen pizzas from our famous, local pizza restaurant. Every ingredient imaginable was piled on top of the crust and baked to perfection. To this day it is my favorite pizza ever.
Maybe it’s nostalgia OR maybe it’s just that good!
So, why not make a Sweep the Kitchen frittata aka clean out the fridge frittata.
Most likely, your refrigerator, pantry and freezer has a variety of veggies, meats and cheeses left over from other meals, salads, etc that will help create this amazing lunch, brunch, dinner or breakfast meal that’s cooked and served out of one pan.
All you really need are eggs and a 12 inch non-stick pan like my Cuisinart pan.
We make and keep recipes and ingredients on hand that our usually our favorites so it’s a given you and your family will love what you make.
This is what I had on hand: eggs, fresh spinach, feta crumbles, sun-dried tomatoes, purple onions, kalamata olives, pre-cooked breakfast sausage, mini-sweet peppers and fresh basil.
Look in your freezer! Do you have frozen asparagus, green beans, corn, peppers and onions?
Look in your fridge! Do you have left over chicken, beef, salmon, deli meat, meatballs, any type sausage and any type of cheese? We always have spinach, tomatoes, kale, broccoli, or cauliflower. Left over potatoes or pasta work well too!
Use your favorite herbs, fresh or dried.
Just sauté your veggies with olive oil or butter, whip up your eggs (I used 7), combine and cook slow and finish in oven!
Well, if you do, then you can make a frittata! My “recipe” below. Feel free to create your own “no recipe – recipe!
Cook on range until done around the edges and then broil until top is bubbly and brown
- Use your own ingredients, what you have on hand. This is what I had on hand.
- 7 eggs
- A splash of cream
- Pre-cooked breakfast sausage
- purple onions
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- mini-red and yellow sweet peppers
- Kalamata olive slices
- Fresh Spinach
- Feta Cheese crumbles
- Fresh Basil
- Preheat oven to broil
- Whip up the eggs thoroughly with a splash of cream, milk or half and half
- Warm up the pan and brown the sausage and set aside.
- Pour a couple of tablespoonful olive oil in the pan.
- Saute the onions and peppers until lightly browned and wilted.
- Add sausage back to pan.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the pan reserving the feta for the end.
- Saute until the spinach is lightly wilted
- Pour in eggs and move around slightly as they cook.
- Top with feta.
- The frittata will be done around the edges but not quite done in the center.
- Let the frittata cook until almost done and finish in broiler.
- Serve from the pan OR transfer to a wooden board.