@winewithlisa #cocktailswithlisa #cookwithlisa
Texas whiskey-inspired Chicken Wings for you!
Grilled chicken wings are the quintessential summertime food. We love wings of all flavors in our household!
I whipped up a batch of Texas whiskey-infused wings and sauce with Devils River sinfully smooth Bourbon Whiskey and they were a hit!
This will be our go-to wing recipe!
The wings were marinated overnight with whiskey in the marinade and then tossed in this tangy, slightly sweet and spicy whiskey-infused sauce after grilling.
There was not one wing left on the plate!
Here in central Texas, we have so many amazing local products, especially bourbon whiskeys, and I find myself gravitating to Devils River Whiskey for its flavor and smoothness. We enjoyed the Old Fashioned Spritzer that I made with Devils River while grilling the wings too! Check out the recipe! It’s goes perfectly with the wings!
Devils River Bourbon is a smooth bourbon whiskey with oak, honey, and caramel flavors that lead to a warm, sweet and sinfully smooth finish making it a perfect match to the spicy tangy slightly sweet homemade sauce with the base of Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce. Frank’s is a spicy, vinegary sauce made for wings and with addition of honey, butter and bourbon makes an over-the-top wing sauce everyone will love!
Oh, one more thing. I cook the WHOLE chicken wing because that’s how we like it! You can use whatever part of the chicken wing you like.
- 3 or 4 lbs chicken wings ( I use the whole wing)
- Marinade as follows:
- 3 T Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- ⅓ cup Franks Hot Red Wing Sauce
- 3 or 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 3 T Devils River Bourbon Whiskey
- 2 T honey
- 1 t ground black pepper
- Marinate for a few hours or overnight
- For the wing sauce:
- 1 cup Franks Hot Red Wing Sauce
- ½ stick butter
- 1 heaping t ground black pepper
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ to ⅓ cup honey depending on how sweet you like your sauce
- ¼ cup + 1 T Devils River Bourbon Whiskey
- Make the wing sauce:
- In a saucepan, add butter, garlic and whiskey over medium heat and let it reduce for about 10 min
- Then, add the remaining ingredients and let reduce over low heat for about 25 min until thickened
- Once ready, remove from heat
- Set the grill to medium
- Best to cook over indirect heat, if possible.
- Grill wings until golden brown and done.
- Toss in some of the wing sauce and serve some on the side!
- Serve with your favorite ranch dressing, carrots and celery