Here’s a salad that will feed a crowd any night of the week or perfect for a celebration such as Cinco De Mayo!
Almost 3 feet of salad, now THAT’S a Statement!
Big salads are always in style! Make a Statement Salad to feed a crowd – or – just your family!
I have many over-sized cheese boards that I’ve been collecting over the years for parties, catering and such. These long boards make a perfect base for a salad. I had left over steak – marinated, chargrilled tenderloin beef to be exact.
Creating this salad is as easy as it looks and I really don’t have a specific recipe, although I have the ingredients below in recipe-form. Make it your own by adding your favorite ingredients, vinaigrette and protein.
- Steak or Chicken: Leftovers are great for this!
- Corn Kernels
- Avocado slices
- Black Beans, drained
- Jalapeno peppers, Fresh or pickled
- Sliced fresh mini-peppers
- Queso Cotija Cheese or your favorite shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Field Greens - a big container
- Purple Onions, sliced
- Black Olives, sliced
- Baby Tomatoes,sliced
- Corn Nuts: use as croutons
- Purchased Avocado Vinaigrette
- Spicy Ranch Dressing for drizzling
- Pile Field Greens down the middle of the oversized cheese board
- Artfully layer the ingredients listed (or your favorite)
- Arrange slices of meat all around the salad
- Sprinkle with cheese and cornnuts
- Drizzle with Spicy Ranch
- Pass the Avocado Vinaigrette or any favorite salad dressing