Sassy and intoxicatingly seductive, ERIC is the cocktail inspired by my favorite vampire….Enjoy every drop!
All True Blood fans have been waiting in anticipation of the premier of True Blood Season 6! FINALLY!
We have been waiting for a year to immerse ourselves into the drama of all the magical & mysterious characters in Bon Temps,Louisiana.
All devoted fans would describe Eric Northman as the sassiest and sexiest outlaw vampire around. Tall, blonde and intoxicatingly self-assured. One thousand years ago, Eric was a Viking Prince and and is now a very powerful, mysterious and seductive vampire. He IS what inspires romance novels to be written.
We could have been friends…….
I was born in Mississippi, raised in Monroe,Louisiana and later moved to Shreveport,Louisiana. If I had known there where vampires like Eric living there, who know’s? Maybe I would have never moved!
Eric was my inspiration for creating a drink to celebrate the TRUE BLOOD episodes and what better way to celebrate Eric than name the drink that embodies all the good things about Eric.
In Season 3, Talbot, King Russell’s companion, offers a meal of a carbonated True Blood cocktail with a citrus finish consisting of blood from a donor that ate nothing but tangerines for weeks. Sounds refreshing, doesn’t it?
Cocktail ingredients inspired by Eric:
A splash of carbonated Blood Orange Soda and Pomegranate Juice are the perfect base for color and flavor. Both add an intense flavor of balanced sweetness and tartness with a touch of bitterness like fresh orange peel. A touch of orange-red Aperol, an Italian aperitif adds a unique bitter-sweet flavor similar to Campari and with ingredients of herbs and roots as mysterious as Eric!
Sassy, cool, and mysterious with a definite touch of bitter-sweetness and intoxicating sexiness, yeah, I would say that this drink represents ERIC in every way.
Don’t spill a drop!
- Per one cocktail:
- CHILL ALL INGREDIENTS BEFORE MAKING COCKTAIL
- 1-1/2 ounces Vickingfjord Citrus Vodka
- ½ ounces Aperol Liqueur
- Sparkling Blood Orange Italian Soda such as Whole Foods Brand
- 100% Pomegranate Juice
- Fresh Orange slices for garnish
- Decorative Red Sugar for the rim
- Chilled Martini Glasses for each guest
- Dip the rim of each martini glass in water,lemon juice or vodka and then the sugar
- Add Vikingfjord vodka, Aperol, a spash of Pomegranate juice and top with Sparkling Blood Orange Soda.
- Each recipe is for one drink which can easily be made for as many cocktails you want to serve!
- DRINK UP!