Satisfy your craving for a new summer cocktail!
Think new and refreshing cocktails for the spring! This Tequila Grapefruit Cocktail Sparkler is a harmonious combination of fresh grapefruit juice, Cava-the sparkling wine of Spain and Trianon Tequila Blanco. My version of the Tequila Grapefruit Sparkler is a twist on one of my favorite cocktails of all time, the French 75.
Inspired by The Chew’s Clinton Kelly’s mouthwatering cocktail recipe, I just knew that Easter brunch would be the perfect time to showcase this cool, refreshing and bubbly cocktail to celebrate the upcoming warm and sunny spring and summer days,which makes it a perfect cocktail to serve alongside fish tacos and guacamole!
In my version of the recipe, Cava complements this sparkling cocktail with its layers of bubbly flavors and aromas. Segura Viudas Cava Brut has lots of flavors and layers complexity due to the secondary fermentation and aging in underground caves similar to the champagne method used for centuries in France more than Prosecco, the steel tank fermented sparkling wine of Italy.
Recently, I met Eduardo “Ismael” Gomez at the Nashville Predators Foundation Wine Festival and Tasting who is the founder of a GDL, a small importing company co-founded by Jamestown-native Mackenzie Shults and imports the quality tequila Trianon Tequila, “the true taste of tequila.”
Nashville Predators Foundation Wine Festival and Tasting
- 1 ounce Trianon Blanco tequila
- Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces chilled Segura Viudas Cava *need at least two bottles for 6 people and for seconds!
- ½ ounce Simple Syrup (1/2 cup water, ½ cup sugar) OR TO TASTE!
- Grapefruit wedges for garnish
- For Simple Syrup: Boil sugar and water until dissolved, cool.
- Squeeze as many grapefruits as you wish, everyone will want seconds!
- Add 1 to 2 ounces Grapefruit juice to each champagne flute..
- In the champagne flute, add one ounce Trianon tequila
- Add ½ ounce simple syrup, or to taste,
- Add 1 to 2 ounces of grapefruit juice.
- Top with chilled Segura Viudas Cava.
- Garnish with grapefruit wedge.