photo by @laylamays
It all started with toast……
Texas Toast reimagined.
I bet you’ve never tasted avocado toast like this before!
Recently, I entered a toast contest by Easy Tiger Beer Garden, Restaurant and Bakery located here in Austin, Texas. The rules were to take a photo of toast with a creative recipe and I won! I won a whole year of Easy Tiger bread and this is awesome! Lately, I’ve been spending lots of time creating Texas-inspired tapas recipes. Now, my kitchen will be overflowing with blank canvases of artisan bread in which I can keep on creating even more delicious recipes that will pair so well with our local bread from Easy Tiger!
- 6 slices toasted Easy Tiger Sourdough Bread
- 1 medium-sized Flat Iron Steak, seasoned with salt, garlic powder & coarse ground black pepper
- Guacamole ingredients:
- 3-4 ripe avocados, mashed
- ½ cup fresh pico de gallo with jalapenos
- ½ cup charred corn
- Juice from 1 lime
- Combine Chipotle Lime Crema ingredients in a bowl and funnel into a squeeze bottle.
- Pan sear the steak until ideal cooking temp ( I like medium). Let steak rest for a few minutes then slice against the grain.
- Combine guacamole ingredients and slather on slices of toast. Top toasts with sliced steak.
- Sprinkle each piece of toast with cotija cheese and finish with Chipotle lime crema.