Dad will feel extra special with this pairing!
Dreaming Tree Wines are one of coolest wine collaborations between musician Dave Matthews and accomplished Sonoma wine maker Steve Reeder ever. The birth of Dreaming Tree wines was created from a passion for drinking wine and belief in balance and sustainability of environment.
Clean-burning natural fuel in bottle production, sustainable corks and the use of 100% recycled paper for the labels are part of what makes Dreaming Tree wines such a cool reason to drink this wine BUT you have to taste to fully understand the brilliance within the bottle. The most important concept for me is their winemaking philosophy: Wines are meant to be enjoyed now! Enjoy Dreaming Tree Wines today. They are meant to celebrate life with friends and family in the present. I can’t think of a better mantra to follow.
The juice in the bottle is truly gifted! Dreaming Tree Cabernet Sauvignon Blanc North Coast 2011 is everything it promises to be.
This North Coast Cabernet blend with a touch of Merlot & Cabernet Franc is a well-balanced,approachable blend with fresh juicy blackberries and cherries with earthy tannins that is a solid backbone to this wine. For under $20 a bottle, this will be a great go-to wine for me to share with my husband and friends OFTEN!
This wine is meant to be enjoyed with a grilled steak. We paired it with Honey Chipotle Flank Steak (recipe below) and it was AMAZING! And the potatoes, they are a perfect and tasty side dish to this steak dinner and wine.This would be a great Father’s Day celebration dinner for sure!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1½ lbs flank steaks
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 large garlic, minced
- For the Potatoes:
- 1 recipe of your favorite mashed potatoes,prepared
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 small pkg of Chèvre (creamy goat cheese)
- Score the flank steak on both sides to tenderize the meat.
- For the marinade, combine the oil, lime juice, garlic and cumin.
- Add the marinade to the meat. Marinate steak in this mixture for up to 2 days.
- For the glaze, mix the honey, mustard, hoisin, lime juice, chipotles and garlic in bowl. Set aside. (can make ahead of time).
- Grill steak, basting with glaze until done. Let steak sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice steak against the grain.
- Stir the goat cheese,green onions and olive oil into the warm mashed potatoes.Serve with the steak and sauce.
- I make extra sauce to serve with or once cut drizzle over. Enjoy!