Watch my IGTV video for this cocktail @winewithlisa
When you have juice from fourteen blood oranges left from making (check it out) Blood Orangecello, why not make Spicy Blood Orange Margaritas! Sure, we could just have it for breakfast the next day, but these margaritas as sooooo good it would have been a shame not to make them!
Texans love their margaritas so why not add a twist to an already beloved cocktail taking it to another level of refreshingness. One of my favorite go-to tequilas for making cocktails, sipping and tequila sodas is Casamigos Blanco (silver). Another favorite and essential ingredient is Cointreau. Noooo, you cannot substitute for that other orange stuff. It’s gotta be Cointreau, the BEST orange liqueur. Adding fresh ginger and jalapeños really add a nice subtle kick that really puts this cocktail recipe over the top! I am looking forward to many Blood Orange Margaritas to cool down the upcoming hot Austin summer days.
Just a quick note: Blood Oranges happen to be very seasonal so if you can’t find them just use freshly squeezed Cara Cara oranges or any favorite freshly squeezed OJ with a splash of cranberry juice.
(Pictured below) Love this rimming salt/sugar/strawberry flavored mix! Get it if you can find it. The strawberry flavor really pairs well with the Blood Orange. If you can’t find it, mix a little sugar with salt and a touch of strawberry koolaid.
- 2 oz Casamigos silver tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz Cointreau *No substitutions
- 2-1/2 oz freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 1-2 t simple syrup
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- 2 slices or more fresh jalapeño
- sugar/salt mixture for rimming the glass
- Cocktail shaker
- blood orange slices for garnish
- Rim margarita glasses with salt/sugar mixture
- Muddle jalapeños and ginger with tequila until coarsely crushed
- Add lime, blood orange juice, simple syrup
- Add ice and shake well
- Strain into the margarita glass
- garnish and enjoy