Celebrate July 4th with The Dreaming Tree Crush Red Wine 2010 Paired with Smoky Apple-Glazed BBQ Baby Back Ribs & Firecracker Coleslaw!
Enjoy this wine & BBQ Pairing for the 4th of July!
The Dreaming Tree Crush Red Blend 2010 is a great choice for pairing with any summertime celebration that includes BBQ ribs drenched in a smoky, sweet and spicy sauce.
Dave Matthews and his winemaker Steve Reeder have created another very approachable wine rich with balanced acidity and fresh fruit. Juicy, ripe raspberry and a hint of ripe cherry and smoke will be a definite crowd pleaser for warm weather outdoor celebrations with friends this summer.
I must say that they really got this one right. This a great “quaffing” wine with all of the goodness that blending achieves. This lush wine is a blend of Merlot that dominates and the addition of Syrah, Zinfandel, Petit Syrah, with a touch of Malbec and Cabernet Sauvignon. Retention of fresh acidity due to the long, cool growing season in the North Coast region of California was the perfect mix to create a mouthful of balanced fruit and acidity which turns out to be a great match for ribs with a spicy BBQ sauce.
Apple-Glazed Barbecued Baby Back Ribs by renowned BBQ Champion Chris Lilly is full of flavor and, as it turns out, pairs very well with The Dreaming Tree Crush. Everyone enjoyed this wine pairing! The fresh fruit flavors and aromas with a hint of smoke and refreshing acidity was a perfect match with the smoky ribs and sticky sauce.
*** I substituted Chipotle Powder in place of the cinnamon ***
Follow the hight-lighted link to get the recipe for this week!
For around $15 dollars a bottle, I would definitely recommend The Dreaming Tree Crush 2010 for your summertime enjoyment and sharing with friends.
Want to find Dreaming Tree Crush in your area?
Firecracker Slaw is cool and creamy with a definite pop of fresh jalapeno heat making a great side dish to the spicy ribs.I developed this recipe over time from experimenting with several different recipes over the years.
- 2 - 1 pound bags of store bought Shredded Coleslaw mix with shredded carrots
- ½ head of purple cabbage,shredded
- 1 green jalapeño thinly sliced into rings,remove seeds and ribs
- 1 bunch green onions,thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch of cilantro,coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup real Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup half and half, whole milk OR heavy cream
- 2 TBS honey
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- dash of cayenne
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all of the cabbage,green onions,cilantro and jalapeños in a bowl.Toss.
- In another smaller bowl,combine mayonnaise,honey,vinegar,cayenne with whisk.
- Whisk in half & half into the ingredients to a thinner dressing-like consistency.
- Add more or less to desired thinness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in refrigerator for 20 minutes or store until use.
- Toss into slaw mixture and serve.
HAPPY 4th of July!