Cheers to Summer! With a Refreshing Glass of SIMI Sauvignon Blanc 2012 Paired with Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche tossed with Mango & Avocado
A refreshing glass of 2012 SIMI Sauvignon Blanc paired with any day or night of summer is especially welcomed for an impromptu weekend bash or celebrating 4th of July with fireworks! It is a crisp and delicious white wine from Sonoma,California. Fresh aromas of Meyer lemon and mouthwatering grapefruit and lime zest make this a perfect summer wine for sipping and for pairing. Although Sauvignon Blanc dominates,a touch of Semillon and Viognier add great mouthfeel and a touch of tropical fruit flavors and aromas.
Elegant and simple salads filled with fresh seafood or grilled chicken prevail on our menu during the hot summer months. Entertaining is made easy for a relaxing dinner for me and my husband or for dinner with my best friends.
Pair SIMI Sauvignon Blanc 2012 with one of my favorite versatile summer dishes.This cool Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche with avocado and mango can be a great start to a summer meal as an appetizer or as the main course over a crisp bed of field greens for a salad that is perfect for alfresco dining. Tropical mango and silky avocado tossed with the seafood elevates this amazing recipe to another level of deliciousness and comes together perfectly with zesty lime juice and oregano marinade. It is a perfect match with Simi SB 2012.
This is one of my favorite dishes to prepare and serve to friends and family. It takes no time to make and it is the perfect dish for every summer event!
- 1 & ½ pounds raw & peeled Shrimp
- 1 pound Bay Scallops
- 2 tubes of Calamari
- 1 cup of Pico De Gallo
- ½ to ¾ cup of fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoonful dried oregano
- 1 Mango cut into chunks
- 1 large or 2 small Avocados diced
- 1 or 2 sliced and seeded Serrano Peppers
- Handful of Cilantro chopped
- Dash of Red Pepper Flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Poach shrimp,scallops,calamari for 30 to 45 seconds
- Drain well and cool.
- Slice calamari into rings.
- In a large bowl, add all the seafood.
- Add Pico De Gallo,Serrano peppers,lime juice,oregano,olive oil.
- Marinate covered in refrigerator for several hours or over night.
- Keep cold!
- Right before serving,fold in avocados and mango pieces.
- Serve with tortilla chips.