Mexico’s vibrant cuisine is a feast for your eyes as well as your palate!
Come on in this week to your neighbor Kroger to experience some of the freshest and best flavors on earth! Cool and creamy avocados tossed with ripe mangos make a great side salad or salsa along with fajita chicken quesadillas.
Get inspired for dinner tonight! Get my recipe at the end of the article and head to Kroger now!
After living for several years in the Southwest, I really missed some of the quality convenience products that helped create memorable family meals as well as dinner with friends for weekdays and weekend celebrations. I was thrilled to find Kroger NOW has a wonderful variety of fresh seasoned and marinated meats ready to create some of my favorite meals which includes marinated pork, beef skirt steak, Baracoa, chicken breasts as well as a variety of street taco kits!
*** Be sure to check out Kroger homepage for many more recipes!
Murray’s Cheese Shop, located in Kroger Green Hills and the newly renovated Franklin Kroger Store, has been a one of the best treats to hit the Nashville area! They offer quality artisan cheeses from this country as well as around the world. I found Henning’s Chipotle Cheddar would be the perfect cheese for my quesadillas. It has a medium cheddar flavor with the smoky and spicy chipotle peppers. Try is sliced or sprinkled over salads! Yum!
The Mango Avocado Salad with Grilled Corn and Black Beans can easily be transformed into a cool and spicy fresh salsa!
Chef Joshua is known for his desserts and the varieties of Tres Leches cakes were an exciting new find at my local Kroger in Green Hills! The cool and creamy dessert is soaked with evaporated, whole and whipped cream and then TOPPED with whipped cream; a perfect dessert for any night of the week and a delightful ending to a flavorful and spicy meal!
If you don’t need a whole cake, they offer single servings of this amazing cake!
So many delicious desserts are from Mexico! From the moist Mango Fruit Drop Cakes to the traditional crispy Mexican wedding cookies and Buñuelos cinnamon cookies.
It’s hot outside and Mexican Coconut Paletas or Popsicles and Mexican Coca-Cola hit the spot.
- 1 bag Kroger Seasoned and Marinated Fajita Chicken Breasts
- 1 large purple onion, sliced to medium thickness reserving one whole piece for dicing
- Henning's Chipotle Cheddar Cheese, one medium-sized wedge grated
- 6 Kroger large flour tortillas
- 3 ears of corn, shucked and ready to grill
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped (stems removed)
- 1 to 2 limes
- 1 can Kroger black beans, rinsed and drained
- medium sized tomato, diced
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- McCormick's Chipotle Chili Powder
- Lemon or Lime Pepper Seasoning
- 1 bag chips
- Grill: I used an indoor grill pan on my gas range.
- Grill the chicken breast fajita meat as directed on package and slice when at room temperature.
- Grill the ears of corn and slices of purple onions until lightly charred. Remove and let cool.
- Shave off the corn kernels from each ear of corn.
- Assemble the Mango Salad/Salsa:
- To a medium bowl, add diced mango,tomato,avocado,diced purple onion,cilantro,corn,jalapeño
- Squeeze one or two fresh limes (to taste) into salad and toss.
- Season with Lime or Lemon Pepper Seasoning and Chipotle Chili powder
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Assemble quesadillas:
- On each half of 6 tortillas, divide and arrange evenly chicken slices, cheese,grilled onions and fold.
- In a large skillet or stove top grill, cook till browned and cheese is melted.